Sunday, May 4, 2014

Numbers and How They Help Us (05/13/2014)


As a student in the EDCI 434 course, I have been challenged to prepare a lesson plan that incorporates what I know about teaching English to speakers of other languages. Part of my teaching philosophy shares the great connection I have found that lies between linking language instruction with core subjects.  I am sharing the lesson plan I originally created for use in the Spanish classroom but have adapted, as a challenge acceptance, for ESL with an extension that the original plan lacked.  I have also included a lesson plan that I believe is one of my favorites because of the Social Studies, Science and Literature components it has.

I have found that the Pearson Lesson Plan Template I used for the final EDCI 434 plan doesn't allow for changes that I would have liked to make, but I plan on creating a template that can be adapted for your personal use in the near future.  This plan can only be viewed online and possibly printed.  I do not believe you will be able to  download it or make changes to it.  Since I am not the owner of the template, do know that I have used it with permission.

The lesson topic is "Numbers and how they help us." I strongly believe that the utilitarian purpose for language learning makes it meaningful for students.  Otherwise, why learn another language?  If I cannot do anything with it but say my name, ask you yours and go on my merry way, what would be the use?  Please take a moment to review my final lesson plan.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them below or send me a message.  I would love to hear from you!

One of my favorite lesson plans was written just before the New Year.  I enjoyed preparing for it and am looking forward to using it, reflecting upon and revising it, so that I can improve its future use in my classroom.  Enjoy!




Image retrieved from http://www.vietnamtefl.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. Tremendous work indeed! Thanks for creating this page and publishing it. So instrumental for ELT professionals.

    ReplyDelete